A delayed life : the true story of the Librarian of Auschwitz / Dita Kraus.
- ISBN: 9781250760890
- ISBN: 1250760895
- Physical Description: 339 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Edition: First American edition.
- Publisher: New York : Feiwel and Friends, 2020.
"Originally published by Ebury Publishing UK in 2020"--Title page verso.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Introduction: Why did I call it a delayed life? -- Part I: 1929-1942 -- Part II: 1942-1945 -- Part III: 1945-21st century
"Dita Kraus grew up in Prague in an intellectual, middle-class Jewish family. She went to school, played with her friends, and never thought of herself as being different--until the advent of the Holocaust. Torn from her home, Dita was sent to Auschwitz with her family. From her time in the children's block of Auschwitz to her liberation from the camps and on into her adulthood, Dita's powerful memoir sheds light on an incredible life--one that is delayed no longer."-- Publisher marketing.
Search for related items by subject
- 2 of 2 copies available at MountainCat.
- 0 current holds with 2 total copies.